Serving Orange County in Southern CA
for 90 years.
Announcements: Last updated: June 2th, 2023
In Memory of Chip Margelli - K7JA (1951 - 5/25/2023)
It is with a deep sadness that the club informs its members of the sudden passing of our president Chip - K7JA. Chip was a world renowned radio amateur with a love of the hobby. Our condolences go out to Chip's wife Janet - KL7MF and family, as well as to the many close friends that Chip has made throughout the worldwide ham community. Please respect Janet's privacy at this time.
Watch an in-depth interview with Chip in our "Theater" below.
- 2023 is OCARC's 90th ANNIVERSARY !
- NEXT GENERAL MEETING:
- The May meeting featured Dennis Kidder, W6DQ talking on “Do You Hear Me?” Next month's program will be announced soon.
- Interested on-line visitors can receive ZOOM sign-on information on the day of the meeting by an email link that will be provided here after 9:00 AM PDT.
- NEXT BOARD MEETING:
- ATTENTION: The June board meeting will be held at a private residence.
- OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Carl Gardenias - WU6D SK:
“It is with a heavy heart that I bring you the news that Carl Gardenias,WU6D, past Section Manager for the Orange Section, is now a silent key. Carl and his wife Kathy, K6VC, had been traveling and seeing the U.S. Most recently they were serving as hosts at a KOA campground in Montana. It is there that Carl was involved in a tractor accident and succumbed to his injuries. Kathy was with him when he passed. ¶ Funeral arrangements are pending, and details will follow in a separate email. ¶ The Gardenias family ask that you please respect their privacy at this difficult time. ¶ Carl will be missed as he was a mentor to many, and friend to all who knew him.”
73, Bob Turner, W6RHK Orange Section Manager
- Carl Gardenias - WU6D SK:
Current Presentation: W5KUB Amateur Radio Roundtable Podcast -
Katie Allen - WY7YL Interview with Chip Margelli - K7JA (09/06/2016)
Located in the heart of Southern California, The Orange County Amateur Radio Club (OCARC) is dedicated to the advancement of "Ham Radio". Founded in 1933, the OCARC is a "general-purpose" club for anyone interested in ham radio. We have members of the OCARC active in the these aspects of ham radio:
- Emergency communications (RACES and ARES)
- DX-ing (long distance communications)
- Field Day participation. The next:
- Home-brewing (building your equipment and antennas)
- Community service
- Digital Amateur Television (Digital-ATV, DATV)
- HF/VHF/UHF/Microwave communications
- Repeater communications
- Satellite communications
- PSK31, JT-65 and FT8 communications
- Digital voice communications (D-STAR, WinDRM, etc.)
- PACKET radio and APRS
- Just talking to other HAMs
U.T.C Date & Time: