Serving Orange County in Southern CA
for 90 years.
Announcements: Last updated: January 20th, 2023
- OCARC 90th ANNIVERSARY !
- NEXT GENERAL MEETING:
- The February meeting will feature Mr. Mick Stwertnik, KB6JVT, of NCG Co. More will appear in our upcoming events in the next few days.
- We are back meeting at the Red Cross - Santa Ana.
- Interested on-line visitors can receive ZOOM sign-on information on the day of the meeting by an email link that will be provided here after 9:00 AM PDT.
- NEXT BOARD MEETING:
- the January 7th board meeting was held at the the Streamliner Cafe and Lounge, 186 N. Atchison St. (At the train station) off Chapman in Orange.
- This was the first breakfast board meeting since March of 2020.
- OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- The final private roster of the year (December 31, 2022) has been uploaded. It is available to by link to members only at the bottom of the online roster page.
- The 2023 Yuma Hamfest normally held in February, has been canceled due to silent keys, a diminished volunteer pool, increased costs, and other factors. The Yuma Hamfest may return in the future in a simpler format.
Current Presentation: W6ZE - Field Day 2022
Located in the heart of Southern California, The Orange County Amateur Radio Club (OCARC) is dedicated to the advancement of "Ham Radio". Founded in 1933, the OCARC is a "general-purpose" club for anyone interested in ham radio. We have members of the OCARC active in the these aspects of ham radio:
- Emergency communications (RACES and ARES)
- DX-ing (long distance communications)
- Field Day participation. The next:
- Home-brewing (building your equipment and antennas)
- Community service
- Digital Amateur Television (Digital-ATV, DATV)
- HF/VHF/UHF/Microwave communications
- Repeater communications
- Satellite communications
- PSK31, JT-65 and FT8 communications
- Digital voice communications (D-STAR, WinDRM, etc.)
- PACKET radio and APRS
- Just talking to other HAMs
U.T.C Date & Time: