Serving Orange County in Southern CA.
for over 85 years.
Announcements: Last updated: June 19, 2021
- NEXT GENERAL MEETING:
- Due to the pandemic meetings are currently held over Zoom© >
- Formal meeting begins at 7 PM but all are welcome to join beginning at 6:30 PM for informal meet and greet.
- Club members will receive Zoom© sign-on info prior to the meeting.
- Interested visitors can receive sign-on information on the day of the meeting by an email link that will be provided here after 9:00 AM PDT.
- NEXT BOARD MEETING:
- Breakfasts are currently canceled. The Board meeting is over Zoom©
- OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- OCARC Field Day is coming soon. Saturday-June 26 and Sunday-June 27. See June Newsletter for details.
- During the pandemic two support nets have been added. Our 2-meter nets now are run Monday, Wednesday and Friday* nights (8:30 PM, 146.550 MHz FM simplex). Join us.
* Except Fridays when there is a club meeting.
Located in the heart of Southern California, The Orange County Amateur Radio Club (OCARC) is dedicated to the advancement of "Ham Radio". Founded in 1933, the OCARC is a "general-purpose" club for anyone interested in ham radio. We have members of the OCARC active in the these aspects of ham radio:
- Emergency communications (RACES and ARES)
- DX-ing (long distance communications)
- Field Day participation.
- Home-brewing (building your equipment and antennas)
- Community service
- Digital Amateur Television (Digital-ATV, DATV)
- HF/VHF/UHF/Microwave communications
- Repeater communications
- Satellite communications
- PSK31, JT-65 and FT8 communications
- Digital voice communications (D-STAR, WinDRM, etc.)
- PACKET radio and APRS
- Just talking to other HAMs
U.T.C Date & Time: