Serving Orange County in Southern CA.
for over 85 years.
U.T.C Date & Time:
Announcements: Last updated: February 14, 2021
- Welcome to our updated home page. We hope to present a new photo, short video or slide show in our 'Current Presentation' section each month.
- Our next General meeting will be held on Friday February 19th over Zoom©. Will Jourdain - AA4WJ will join us for a discussion of the new ICOM 705 Transceiver.
- Club members will receive ZOOM sign-on info prior to the meeting.
- Formal meeting begins at 7 PM but all are welcome to join beginning at 6 PM for informal meet and greet.
- Interested visitors can receive sign-on information on the day of the meeting by an email link that will be provided after 9:00 AM.
- Check out the classic Hallicrafters receivers for sale up on our For Sale Page.
- The next club board meeting will be held by Zoom on Saturday March 6th, 2021 at 8:15 AM.
- During the pandemic two support nets have been added. Our 2-meter nets now are run Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights (8:30 PM, 146.550 MHz FM simplex). Join us.
- The latest private Member Roster (Thru 12/31/2020) is available to members (Use the Member Roster link to the left and scroll to the bottom). The abbreviated online roster has also been updated.
Located in the heart of Southern California, The Orange County Amateur Radio Club (OCARC) is dedicated to the advancement of "Ham Radio". Founded in 1933, the OCARC is a "general-purpose" club for anyone interested in ham radio. We have members of the OCARC active in the these aspects of ham radio:
- Emergency communications (RACES and ARES)
- DX-ing (long distance communications)
- Field Day participation.
- Home-brewing (building your equipment and antennas)
- Community service
- Digital Amateur Television (Digital-ATV, DATV)
- HF/VHF/UHF/Microwave communications
- Repeater communications
- Satellite communications
- PSK31, JT-65 and FT8 communications
- Digital voice communications (D-STAR, WinDRM, etc.)
- PACKET radio and APRS
- Just talking to other HAMs